Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

As I type this I am listening to Little G scream her head off in her bed. I can hear Big G up reading stories to the baby dolls he took to bed. I know I should go up and tuck them in for the 3rd time and be the "spectacular" mom I desire to be. But.... I'm done. I know they are safe, I know they have all the comforts that the world can offer all around them. Night lights, blankets, warmth, white noise. And I know they will go to sleep, eventually. And I will begin my "projects" at 8:30 PM. Not really wanting to do another thing today. Even though I have done a ton. I ran around with Little G on errands in the freezing rain, in and out of stores buying the last of my Christmas stuff, dropped off, picked up G from school, ripped apart the car looking for his Speed Racer car wheel. Never did find it. (But the van sure is clean!) Made dinner, did the dishes, bathes and the list goes on and on. Yet, the stuff I NEED to get done, still needs attending too. Ya know, the stuff on the "To Do List" that I get to actually check off. The same one that has been on my desk for 3 days and hasn't got a single check mark on it, just more stuff added to it. Like my workout, like my Christmas project that I thought would not be a big deal and now is - I have started and stopped it about 15 times today and have accomplished the first page. Dinner is still on the stove and needing to be put away. C is at another meeting tonight, that I didn't know he had until 5 PM tonight. My toenails need much TLC, but my back is feeling like it's going to give out, so I don't dare do that tonight. My office desk has about a one foot clearing - enough room for me to type this pitiful entry that I am sure is putting most to sleep at this point. I am not looking for sympathy, simply just a place to write this down so that I can look back in a week or two and see how God took care of all the things that are stressing me out right now. There.... all done! Do your miracles God! Ah... I hear no more crying. Sleep has entered our house... Amen!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Anne, I laughed when I read the title of your entry. It always amazes me how much women can accomplish in one days time, while our husbands (at least mine) will say I didn't have time to do that because I was so busy...........and of course my reply was busy? Doing what? God bless him and God bless you. You made me smile as I looked back at the time Jen and Chris were little and there was always so much to do and never enough time, but in the end it all was accomplished - just as God has planned. love you - get some rest. angie

Unknown said...

You sound EXACTLY like me! Only add a croupy toddler to that :) I always put baths on the list, just so I can check something off! Sometimes, I even put lunch on there!

Jen said...

You are AMAZING! Don't sweat the small stuff! love you and miss you

CarrieB said...

Awwww....honey, I have SO BEEN THERE! I promise you it changes. I can't say it gets easier, it just gets different. The physical demands of raising kids changes with the emotional demands of raising a family. But you know you wouldn't change a thing! I'm so glad you have a place to write and to reflect. I only wish I was closer so I could be there to help more if only with a phone call or a cup of coffee...

I miss you so much and I am so sorry I get so wrapped up in my own daily drama. You are doing such an amazing job and I love you and think of you ALL of the time!

I'll call you today!