Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It was a great Easter







It's so amazing how each year brings a change with our holidays. For years, Easter was always in Palm Springs at my sister Angie's house. We enjoyed great family time, food and fun. We always went to Easter Sunday church service and usually went swimming and laid out in the sun. We always did an egg hunt for the kids and would hide the eggs outside around the pool and throughout the yard. As I mentioned, our holiday celebrations do change from year to year and this year was the extreme. We got up and did our Easter baskets with the kids, headed to church and then to our friends house for dinner with friends and their kids. Sounds pretty normal and fun and then I looked out the window and it was snowing!!! Everyone broke out in song to "I'm dreaming of a white easter" and I in my mind drifted back to Easter's past and was "dreaming" of swimsuits, sun and fun. I was snapped back to reality with the announcement of "Egg Hunt time!" Are you kidding me?! Come on G, let's go find your winter coat and boots so we can go hunt easter eggs! Ok, so the dads go out and hide the eggs and I am showing G through the window where to go and get the eggs as fast as he can so we can get back in the house. Yes, I'm a wimp. In CA, we wanted to find the eggs quickly so that the candy wouldn't melt under the warm sun. No problems here with that concern, if anything the candy would be preserved by freezing and safe for days, maybe even months back here. Anyways, he hunted and had fun with all the kids. We really had a wonderful day with all the families. They truly made our holiday warm and loving. And I do mean that. We are so blessed. We hope you had a wonderful Easter. We are heading to CA next Tuesday. I have already started packing the bags.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey... where's the Easter dress???

Unknown said...

Annie,
I am so happy that you keep your blog updated - I actually feel like I am watching the kids grow and get to see the day-to-day life experiences.
thanks for sharing and can't wait to see you next week.
love,
Angie

Jen said...

OH DEAR...you make me laugh so hard!!! You need to write for a column!
love you