Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Day of Gratitude

Turning another year older tomorrow is something that I surely celebrate. Another year that God has blessed me with. I know several people that didn't have the blessing of 40 years. So thank you Lord for the days you have given me. Thank you for family and friends that have touched my life and molded me and shaped me into who are still creating me to be. I thank you Lord for my husband and kids - they are such precious gifts that you have given to me. Lord , you have blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. Only you know the true desires of my heart and give the good gifts that only a good Father can give to his kids. So thank you for this day. Thank you for each minute. Thank you Lord - it's such a time to be grateful!

Turning forty

"Turning forty would be horrible", as I sat and cried,
It wasn't age that mattered, though ...
It became the realization of how fast time flies!

You spend so much of your youth wishing time away,
Here now at forty; how I wish that it could stay!

"Slow down the hour hand
Take a minute and make it last
Don't hurry-up tomorrow
Tomorrows all come too fast"

We are all born to be someone's memory.
It's only older when you realize,
How many of those memories,
Have already blessed your life!

Aging doesn't bother me,
It's a blessing, if told in truth,
I know I hold the wisdom,
Not gathered in my youth!

But I'd like my "babies" to still be babies
for a little while more
and the ruckus I so complain about
won't stand against the silence
that's in store.

I know they say the best years
are just about to begin,
So, I'll hold on to each moment
as I fight time until the end!

By Debra Gimball


No comments: