Tuesday, September 9, 2008

This Thing Called - SCHOOL



Well a week ago today Big G started Preschool. Two days a week for 2.5 hours. Although the time doesn't seem that big of a deal - it is. Being away from home for Big G was a big step. On our way to school I have to really build him up because he's not sure about this "dropping him off and leaving him thing" - he's not liking that. He told me the other day that he was going to turn back into a baby so he didn't have to go to school! There is the girl in his class, ya know mommy "the one with the white face and white dress" - not liking her too much. She's "not very nice," he says. There is the line leader (not him of course) - doesn't want to follow them. There is the hand holding rule - not wanting to do that. Ah yes, challenge after challenge is what Big G is facing and it's so good for our strong willed little boy. Hard on one hand but in the long run, it's so good for him to see "what makes the world go round." So, if you think about Big G, pray for him through his tough transition with "this thing called school." Oh... and if you can remember mommy in there too, I am trying to keep up with all the projects. In one week I have had 3 to work on with Big G and you guessed it, he's not really into those homework things either! Ugh!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What cute pictures of him carrying his book bag - I will remember him in my prayers and pray for you too.
xo, angie

Jen said...

AH- he's such a big boy! I remember my first day of Kindergarten. Before you know it, he won't want to come home. WOW- how fast they grow up!
Love and miss you

Unknown said...

Yeah, I can't believe how much homework they give preschoolers (actually, their PARENTS) these days!