Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Packing up the Little Clothes!

Well, today I faced the task of going through and packing up and labeling the boxes of baby clothes. I have gone through and weeded before, but today was the final exit of "Baby Clothes." I am sorting and remembering all the "times" the kids were in the clothes. I had some that I saved for Little G from Big G and even those I had to say good bye to today. It was a bitter sweet time. Now... I love to purge and scale down on the boxes of "stuff", but for some reason these boxes are harder to rid myself of. I can pretty much remember who gave us what and when and where the kids wore what and why. It amazes me and even more C when I often can't remember what happened in the morning or what time it is for that matter - but ask me about an outfit and I'll give the history. I guess we remember the things that bring us joy. Like the shoes they took their first steps with or the outfit they came home from the hospital in. And don't forget the hat that they wore on that special holiday or the cute Hawaiian shirt they wore to their first themed Birthday party. Oh, and the cute sunglasses that they wore swimming with daddy and we only got one picture in them before they decided chewing on them was better. Oh the memories these boxes hold. And today, I passed much on to next blessed new mommy with tears in my eyes. I know that they too will place their special bundle in these many "oh so cute outfits" and create more of the same memories for their family. And if the clothes last a bit more, maybe they'll pass them on again for another go round. Time goes by fast and today was beautiful realization that there will be more special items that will grace my babes bods that I'll want to cherish. Like tutu's and sports jerseys, not to mention the school projects that they'll bring home. Oh, that's gonna be a hard one too. But for today, the little outfits have exited the building (expect for a few REALLY special ones that are stashed away for their little ones someday).

No comments: