Monday, December 24, 2007

Four Years ago on the 20th!






Because we got married on December 20th, it always seems that our Wedding Anniversary is something that gets put on the back burner because of Christmas. Well... this year I wanted to make sure that that didn't happen. As the planning would go with a 5 month old and a 2.5 year old making something special happen can be a challenge. First challenge... I wanted a peaceful dinner (no kids). So I thought a nice dinner in front of the fireplace and MAYBE our wonderful friend and neighbor would watch the kids for a couple of hours. Plan set, calendar booked, invitation made for C, shopping for the dinner done. Yah! WELL, the plan took a turn when our neighbor called and her son had had a fever of over 100 for two and a half days and no sign of it breaking. Being the gem that she is, she was still willing to watch the kids. I love her too much to put that on her with 4 kids of her own and one being sick. So, what to do, what to do??? Plan 2, Little G can stay with us and Big G can go with another friend. OK... we got it. Well, Little G is very hard to cook with now a days as she is very active and grabs at everything. So the yummy dinner I planned was not turning out the way I had planned (such is life huh?!) Well, we found someone to take Little G and the Anniversary dinner I had planned turned out just like I had dreamed. C and I enjoyed our dinner, cake, gifts and adult talk with no interruptions. It was so great to connect. After times like this, I am reminded again why I married this wonderful man. We looked to the next year of marriage with a renewed love and compassion for one another's lives. He as a pastor and I as a mom. We both agreed we need to do times like this once a month to just "be" and listen (uninterrupted) to one another and share our prayers, hopes and dreams. It is such a gift! Happy Anniversary Honey ~ Love you! You are such a blessing! Thanks to our friends too for taking the kids! What a gift you all are!

No comments: