Thursday, May 1, 2008

Is tomorrow comin'?

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I have gem of a friend who is gone on a conference with a team from church (which includes C) and she is totally blessing me with a babysitter tomorrow. Let me preface this with the info. that C has been gone on a conference to Florida last week returned home, dumped his laundry, reload his bags and was off this week to Atlanta for conference #2 and will be leaving next week for a camp up in Wisconsin for another 4 days. SO... being the great an insightful friend, she knew I would need a bit of a break from the children. The sitter arrives @ 9 am and can stay for most of the day if I need her. I am up tonight making my Freedom To Do List for tomorrow. I do love my kids, but there is an excitement in my bones this evening just thinking about driving alone tomorrow with a cup of hot coffee, listening to something beside "Curious George" and having the freedom to go wherever I want. No carseats, no diaper bag, no road snacks, no worries of feedings, diaper changes and ..... well the list goes on and on as you can imagine. So tomorrow I will wake up, DO my hair, wear a snot/food free outfit and hit the road. If you are wondering what I am doing, the list so far is:
  1. Car Oil change (way overdue)
  2. Pedicure (way, way overdue)
  3. The mall to exchange some of Little G outfits
  4. Old Time Pottery for some house decor items or Hobby Lobby - I haven't decided.
  5. Wherever else the wind may blow me
Whether I do any of these things or all -I am most grateful for my friend who is a mom and knows the need for breaks to be a better mom. I love her for blessing me with such a gift of excitement, peace, rejuvenation and fun. I'll keep you posted on the day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there Annie,
It sounds like you are foot loose and fancy free tomorrow! Enjoy your day off and relish the peace and quiet - what a dear friend.
Sorry about your computer, camera and suits - it's an inconvenience for sure. I love your commentary - I think you should write a column for a syndicated newspaper - you make your life's stories interesting to read.
enjoy tomorrow - love, angie

lukew said...

Hope it was a fun day!

Jen said...

enjoy your MUCH deserved day. You have to make time for yourself and what a true friend for helping you out! Now start pumping!!! Love you- Jen xoxo

CarrieB said...

I hope you had a fantastic day away! I know how hard it is to give so much in caring for others 24/7. Bless you friend for helping you get a little free time.

I hope C gets home soon and stays for awhile!