Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The One Little (big) piggie!

This past Sunday, C had his "Living Fire" (a group that has met together once a week this past year) over for a potluck. C told me what everyone was bringing and told me, "you better make some more meat because we probably won't have enough today!" Famous last words. So I grilled some chicken and we were waiting on one of the gals who was bring the pork. The doorbell and rang and her husband walked in with this little piggie on his back. C asked me where I wanted to put this guy that was the size of 1/2 our kitchen table and I told him "out in the barn, I guess." If I had a barn! So the kitchen table it was. Big G was sitting down to eat and his chair was just to the left of the pig and he was looking right at it as he ate. He told me he didn't like to look at the pig and could I please move it somewhere else. I couldn't help but agree with him. The head ended up in my laundry room on the dryer and I begged C to please move it before someone started rumors of animal sacrifices. Everyone said the meat was wonderful. I stuck with the salads, chips and dips. Oh and as always, we had plenty of meat that day,

2 comments:

Jen said...

OMG- GROSS!! I don't think I will be eating pork for a while. Poor Big G is probably tormented by the vision of this...

mary said...

Poor little piggie. Hope the kids didn't see it. Disgusting!

AM