Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Payoffs of Parenting


I can't begin to imagine how many hours I have spent rocking, reading, feeding, singing, sleeping in the rocking chair with the kids over the past 3.5 years. The payoff... seeing your own do the same with and for their special bear. The other night I was getting the kids ready for bed and I caught Big G in his rocking chair sweetly singing and comforting his bear to put him to sleep. I was taken back a bit because he was doing so many things that I would do to him. The power of modeling to my children strikes again. Powerful and humbling to see and experience. Here's my little boy being big boy to his bear. Love you G - good job! (Just make sure you give your bear a little air while you're hugging him.)

1 comment:

Jen said...

The cutest! You are so right, our children learn from every little thing we do. Love and miss you guys!