Saturday, January 19, 2008

Look at me!




Yes, I have become one of "those" moms obsessed with her children. I remember being single and in education and hearing moms talking about their kids. They talked non-stop and would go into great depths about these "minor" and "non-important" details (this is what I used to think) about their kids. I used to think, "Wow, I will never be like that, I'm going to have a life!" Geez... I am pathetic! I am one of THOSE moms and ya know what, I LOVE it! My kids ARE my life and I know why now. They consume my every minute and fill me with MANY emotions. AND, when I take pictures like these posted above, I just sit and smile ear to ear, because they give me so much joy. Little G is having the time of her life exploring and discovering all the new things that she can do. She loves her toys from Christmas and is enjoying sitting up (she hasn't fully mastered this yet) and the best gift yet, her toes! She is diggin' on her toes. Big G wasn't into his toes at this age, so it's fun to see Little G discovering hers. Yep, after a post like this, I can admit that I am definitely become one of "those" moms. Praise God! I am humbled once again!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Me too... who would have thought things like poop and toes could be so interesting? And who could have ever imagined that it would be MUCH more fun to shop for your kids than for yourself?

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Toes are exciting! I love when they play with them and suck on 'em! So cute. And yes, I will join you in the group of one of "those" moms...absolutely...and proud of it. And I agree with Kate's comment...it is WAY more fun to shop for them.

Unknown said...

It's the small things in life that give us the most joy, and that certainly means to me children and all the little things they do that bring joy to not only us but to others as well.
blessings,
Aunt Angie